♥ TERABITHIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :D ♥ terabithia christmas :D
Thursday, February 21, 2008

::::::

part a

Chinese New Year is a festival that me and my family celebrate yearly. We celebrate Chinese New Year because it represents a new year ahead of us. It is also a cultural that Chinese celebrates Chinese New Year. Families would have to do spring cleaning, decorate their houses with flowers and some Chinese new year decorations which will make the house look beautiful!

On the eve of Chinese New Year, which is on 13th Feb, we had a concert in our school. It was quite good. After that, I went back to my primary school to wish my teachers and ex-students a happy Chinese new year! We started talking about our life and our secondary schools. And soon, it was time to go home. I quickly do all my homework so that I can spend my New Year happily and do not need to rush through my homework on Sunday night.

In the evening, my cousins came to my house for the renion dinner as my grandparents stay with me so I have a big family. We had “yu sheng”, a type of Chinese salad to be eaten with raw fish. This dish is only available during the Chinese New Year as it signifies prosperity, luck and good health. In addition to “yu sheng”, we had 7 more dishes like abalone with spinach, mushroom with moss, lotus peanut soup, roast chicken, roast duck, steamed fish and mixed vegetables. We had to have 8 dishes as it signifies good luck! After dinner, we ate desserts such as oranges, watermelon, rock melons and agar agar. After that, we played mahjong, a popular game within the Chinese. My parents only allow us to play it during Chinese New Year as they are afraid we would pick up this bad habit and we are still a little kid. So, we have to cherish our time when playing! We also could not play real money so we played using monopoly money as our mahjong had no chips! When it was time to go home, we ended the day happily.

This is the big day!! Its Chinese New Year! I was dressed in my new clothes and shoes. We went visiting everywhere around Singapore! I received many red packets from relatives, cousins and friends. My mother brought mandarin oranges everywhere she go as it is to wish people good luck and good health. I had fun everywhere I go as at every place, we would play different kinds of games to keep us occupied while the adults talk to one another. We play games like mahjong and card games. We also kept eating and eating but we drank lots of water to prevent ourselves from being dehydrated and getting sore throats. It is really very fun and exciting as we get to play together not that often! I really loved my cousins a lot.

The others days were just visiting around but not with my cousins. It’s a pity as I don’t have them to keep me accompany. My 2 elder sisters were meddling with their phone the whole day long while my younger brother was staring into space. But, I still love the time when we were all eating together as a family, laugh together and chat together. I cherished it a lot as this would so called only happen once a year! Happy Chinese New Year!! (:

part b

My celebration during Chinese New Year was much much much better than how Jess celebrated his Christmas.

For Jess, his family is always quarreling with each other but actually, they cared for each other as each and every one of them tried their best to buy a gift for each other even though they are poor and their father only gives them $1 each.

For me, my family and I would be happy and agree to each other. I am like the same as Jess because I also have a best friend whom I can share all my thoughts and happiness with. I can see that Jess had put in alot of effort to buy Leslie a gift which in return, Leslie bought him a gift too! They both loved each other's present because that's their favourite thing!

As for me, my friend and I spent our New Year together by going out together and buying some things for one another. We have fun everywhere and even called a number of people to go ice-skating together! Although Jess' family is always argueing with one another, they have a family love but they just cannot face one another.

For me, my family is a warm and lively one. We spent our New Year happily by eating goodies and playing games at the same time! We don't quarrel as much as Jess' family do. I think I am very fortunate to have this kind of family although Jess has a poor family.

But, our thoughts counts more than the present we give to each other. (:

YANLING (:

faye.hua-ed | 10:30 PM |

about us ♥

FAYE-HUA.
Hello, This is our literature blog.
We are proud of it okay.
And, please respect it. :D
Oh, and it belongs to:
Florence (27)
Amanda (25)
Yanling (22)
Ethel (12)
We got our url inspired by,
the rubbish we always talk about.
Faye hua is a chinese word meaning crap.
Ohwell, have a happy time here. :D

wishes ♥

ace literature!

letters ♥


dar-links ♥

florence amanda yanling ethel

our past ♥

|February 2008|March 2008|April 2008|May 2008|July 2008

credits ♥

Pictures from: photobucket